Working For A Better Stokes County

Working For A Better Stokes County

Monday, March 3, 2008

3/3 Wilson Store meeting

Spoke at a Wilson Store Precinct meeting, Candidate Introduction Night. Myself and Richard Newsome are the candidates for county commissioner. Ed Gambel is running against Brian Holloway spoke. Bill Southern is running for judge. Diane Hamby and Roy Carter are running for the 5th district democratic nomination to run against Virginia Foxx forUS house of Representatives. Steve Carroll introduced me. I felt pretty confident my talk went well, tryed to keep it short. I also tryed to keep it as bi-partisan as I could. Stanley Smith who is the only democrat on the current board was on there along with Yvonne Rutledge, Who is a member of the Board of Education. Good food and fellowship. I enjoyed talking and meeting people from around the county. lots of folks seemd to know about the chicken stew and are planning on attending.

No comments: